Monday, May 26, 2014

V is for Vacation

I know I haven't written, but I swear that I have the most valid excuse of all time. My husband and I went to Disney World to have a small and awesome family reunion with his relatives.  Although EXTREMELY hot, a good time was had by all.

I wish we had more time to spend with them. My in-laws are exceptional people who are truly sweet.  If you look up good people in the dictionary, I am positive you would see their pictures.  I am blessed to have great in-laws.  I'm not boasting. I promise.  But I realize it is truly awesome to be able to appreciate the in-laws. 

Anyway, enough of all the sweetness before I give myself double diabetes. (No such thing but I really do have diabetes, so that gives me the right to make fun of myself having the chronic disease.)

We went to Universal Studios, my favorite parts were Marvel Island and Springfield. (I love Marvel and the Simpsons.)  Then on Thursday, we all went to Magic Kingdom.  Hot would not be the word I'd use to describe the heat.  How about soul-shattering, bra-melting, crabbiness inducing,  and  all around a horrible temperature.  Especially for a dainty flower such as myself.  The Magic Kingdom was a blast, though.  Just very, very, very hot.  I would say Florida is as hot as Homer Simpson's Guatemalan Insanity Pepper.

I would write more, but I've got to run.  Vacation's over and I go back to work tomorrow.  Let me leave with this quote:

“Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”--Dalai Lama

So if you are thinking about a vacation, go. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment