Sunday, May 4, 2014

Welcome to the World

Welcome to the newest incarnation of my blogging career.  I've had previous blogs on blogger, typepad and WordPress, but have quit them for various reasons.  My very first one, Randi's Rants, was discovered by my former employer and they informed me that I need to quit.  Rest in peace, Randi's Rants.

After that, I went underground.  Being the secret rebel and iconoclast that I am, I bucked the system. I went through various services looking for the right blogging fit. TypePad is a good blogging platform, but it costs money.  WordPress WAS good before the interface got all confusing.  I tried Tumblr, too. Meh, I say!  Plus, I don't really like my web address for it anymore.  In fact, I think it's sort of lame and doesn't reflect who I am here and now.  A sort of pretentious thought to be sure, but hey, I'm human.

Which brings me full circle to blogger.  After rumbling around the templates, I am pleased to see that I can fully customize my blog however I want.  WITHOUT paying for it, as I would through Wordpress.

I know that I may seem fickle, and I probably am, but it is important to me to be comfortable with my blogging platform.  It is where I give unformed voice to issues I didn't know that I wanted to discuss until my fingers hit the keyboard, like Babe Ruth hitting baseballs.

And if you wanted to know where I got the name for my blog?  I heard the phrase on Bob's Burgers and thought it was quirky enough to use as a name.  Accidentally on Purpose. That's me in a nutshell.  A little zany and a lot of cute with some sweet thrown in for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment